Prepaid Probate Packages?
Prepaid Probate Costs
Our calculator shows the price of taking out a plan with us against that of a typical solicitors' charge at today's prices (typically 1.5% plus VAT)
We offer prepaid probate plans which include full estate administration services for a fixed fee, packages start from £3300 inclusive of VAT for a 55 year old taking a single policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens once I’ve bought my plan?
Can I choose my own executor?
What happens when I die?
Can I take out a plan for someone else?
What if I change my mind?
What if I need to update my Will?
What is included in your Prepaid Probate plans:
- Assisting your loved ones with registering death.
- Identifying, valuing, and gathering your assets, keeping them safe until they are transferred or sold.
- Advising your next of kin on the terms of your will or intestacy provisions and discuss the duties of the personal representative.
- Preparing the necessary documentation to apply for probate.
- Arranging for the statutory notices as recommended by law
- Liaising with the appropriate organisations, financial institutions and beneficiaries of the estate throughout the process.
- Notifying beneficiaries of their inheritance entitlement, confirmin their identity and submitting bankruptcy checks.
- Applying and obtaining the appropriate permissions and documentation from the courts.
- Identifying any relevant reliefs or exemptions to the estate before calculating any tax owed.
- Maintaining correspondence with the beneficiaries throughout the process.
Ensuring any debts and liabilities are paid from the estate.
- Corresponding with HMRC to complete income tax, inheritance tax, and capital gains tax returns and making any necessary corrections that are required, including arranging for any Nil Rate Band Allowance to be transferred.
- Ensuring the accurate distribution of your estate.
- This may include tracing beneficiaries, managing any claims against the estate, and evaluating variations to the distribution of the estate.
Some probate specialists charge both an hourly rate and a percentage. This means that even a relatively straightforward estate could incur substantial fees.
Most banks offer probate and estate administration services. However, these are usually far more expensive than using one of our solicitors.
Take a look at what you could be charged:
|Firm||Cost of administering a £270,000 estate|
|NatWest / RBS||£12,220.00|